[mythtv-users] unresolved symbols in libranet/debian with pvr350

Dave W nospam1 at 3wlogic.net
Sun Jan 18 07:46:23 EST 2004

* J. Donavan Stanley <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> [2004-01-17 19:00:29 -0500]:

> First thing that jumps out is that it appears as though your normal ivtv
> driver isn't loaded....

You are exactly right.  Late last night it occurred to me that maybe
ivtv-fb isn't a replacement for ivtv :-)  I loaded ivtv and then ivtv-fb and
viola, now I have black and white on my TV!  Not sure why - I had color with
the test image.  But the main thing is I'm almost there and understanding
things better now.

> Hrm...  I'm pretty sure you need ivtv 1.9 or higher and a fairly recent
> CVS build of Myth for the 350 output to work well.  If you're not
> comfortable with CVS and building things by hand you might be better off
> waiting for a couple weeks.  Myth .14 should be out by then and packaged
> up by your favorite package maintainer.

If I could connect to CVS I'd try it but it keeps erroring out, as I think I
posted last night in another note.

Thank you for your help.

david