[mythtv-users] Slow video, Max CPU, bad sound

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Jan 16 19:03:48 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 05:05:32PM -0600, myth at ahpee.org wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 10:35:03AM -0600, David Peach wrote:
> > I am a week and a half into this installation and I still do not have it
> > working. Would I be better off by dumping it all and starting over? Maybe
> > with compiling everything myself instead of using the RPMs? That sounds
> > very drastic to me and I really don't want to have to do that.
> I've been at it for about 6 weeks now and still no acceptably working
> system for me either. I have a very similar hardware setup to you
>   Athlon 1.4
>   512 Mb RAM
>   PixelView bt878 Capture Card
>   Sound Blaster 128
> I 've been getting the static problem recently too. I haven' t been able to
> attribute it to any in particular yet but sound seems a bit screwed in general
> for me. I'm also getting solid hardware lockups after a random period of time
> that are frustrating the debug process. I'v probably got some flaky hardware
> in the system somewhere.

Well, you could check the memory with memtest86, and you can get an
excelent peice of software to test ATA didk from the Hitacha Global Storage
web site.

That would be a good place to start on checking the hardware.

I've got an Athalon 800 working, so you have enough CPU.

Have you tried teh KoppMYTH CD?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin