[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Real Name jspencer at crosslink.net
Wed Jan 14 19:33:32 EST 2004

Hi all,
Just checked out the lastest cvs to update my xbox but
it is failing.  I've have tried to come up with a
patch my self but couldn't figure it out.  From
searching the net for "ambiguous overload" it seems
like something in this function needs an explict cast.
 Anyway here is the error and sorry for my lack of
debugging/programming skills.

xbox mythgallery $ make
cd mythgallery && qmake  -o Makefile
cd mythgallery && make -f Makefile
make[1]: Entering directory
`/mnt/store/mythtv/programs/mythgallery/mythgallery'
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O3 -march=pentiumpro
-fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -D_GNU_SOURCE
-DPREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG
-DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN
-I/usr/share/qt3/mkspecs/default -I.
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/share/qt3/include -o
iconview.o iconview.cpp
iconview.cpp: In method `void IconView::updateText()':
iconview.cpp:112: ambiguous overload for `ThumbItem *&
? QString & : const char[1]'
iconview.cpp:112: candidates are: operator ?:(bool,
QString, QString) <builtin>
iconview.cpp:112:                 operator ?:(bool,
const char *, const char *) <builtin>
make[1]: *** [iconview.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/store/mythtv/programs/mythgallery/mythgallery'
make: *** [sub-mythgallery] Error 2

Btw the code compiles fine on my main backend machine.