[mythtv-users] Dell Dimensions (and Poweredge)...

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 13:59:58 EST 2004

> I just got one of these and installed XP with no problems at
> all, including all the drivers, right off the Dell-provided
> CD... I haven't swapped out the crappy PCI video card yet though...

Same here.  Mine came up the first time without having discovered
network, USB, sound or SM Bus drivers, but it found everything on
the Dell CD.

The drivers linked at

http://www.aaltonen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8

provide more complete video support, and the chipset drivers there
take care of the SM Bus (whatever that's for).

I'm very impressed with the construction, etc, and the price.
Buy with minimum RAM and HD and add your own.  Pay attention to
pairing of RAM modules so that you get dual-channel DDR function.
I paid $99 extra for the slowest 800 MHZ FSB P4.