[mythtv-users] nVidia tv-out quality improvement

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jan 15 14:26:39 EST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:39:19 +0000
Steve Davies <steve at one47.co.uk> wrote:

> > I seem to remember a mythtv config screen to select the screen
> > ratio, do you remember where it is?. I am also running on a
> > 16:9(widescreen tv)..
> >
> The mythtv settings (I believe) all relate to capture, not playback.
> For playback you set this by using the "DisplaySize" parameter in
> XF86Config - search the archives for more detailed examples, I don't
> have one handy right now.

Those settings are in the recording profiles, but they do also impact how the video is played back. For example, on my wide-screen TV, if I capture video with the aspect ratio set to 4:3 in the recording profiles, MythTV plays them back in 4:3 mode (though I can hit 'w' to cycle modes). I prefer stretched mode to fill the screen, so I set my recording profiles for 16:9, and that's the default way they'll play back in MythTV for me. (I finally figured out the point of 4:3 zoom mode too -- stuff that is broadcast 4:3 with letter-boxing zooms to fit perfectly on a 16:9 set with perfect aspect ratio ;-).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
	http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/