[mythtv-users] Is this possible??? The **ultimate** system...

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Jan 15 00:34:17 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 15:34, David jeske wrote:
> > The webcams could eventually be used for videoconferencing,
> > security, or just to watch the kids play. I eventually see plugins
> for
> > home automation via X10 (with onscreen images of what you're
> > controlling).
>
> A friend of mine said the same thing. His baby room is downstairs,
> and he wants a video baby monitor which he can punch up. Actually he
> wanted it to automatically popup if there was too much noise in the
> baby room.

Not so much a webcam thing, but if it's something that has composite (or
coax) outputs, you could plug it into a spare tuner, define a custom
channel list in mythtvsetup, and use PIP to watch the baby room...

Incidentally, regarding the children's ratings idea, that's not a bad
idea at all... kind of v-chip like though... if xmltv gets show ratings
information, the scheduler, playback, channel guides would have to be
aware of them.  I'm thinking of the MythVideo model here for
consistency...

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME