[mythtv-users] Is this possible??? The **ultimate** system...

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Jan 15 00:34:17 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 15:34, David jeske wrote:
> > The webcams could eventually be used for videoconferencing,
> > security, or just to watch the kids play. I eventually see plugins
> for
> > home automation via X10 (with onscreen images of what you're
> > controlling).
> A friend of mine said the same thing. His baby room is downstairs,
> and he wants a video baby monitor which he can punch up. Actually he
> wanted it to automatically popup if there was too much noise in the
> baby room.

Not so much a webcam thing, but if it's something that has composite (or
coax) outputs, you could plug it into a spare tuner, define a custom
channel list in mythtvsetup, and use PIP to watch the baby room...

Incidentally, regarding the children's ratings idea, that's not a bad
idea at all... kind of v-chip like though... if xmltv gets show ratings
information, the scheduler, playback, channel guides would have to be
aware of them.  I'm thinking of the MythVideo model here for

                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       CYTBeN, Inc.
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com