[mythtv-users] How do you hook up the sound with two capture cards?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Tue Jan 13 11:47:57 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 17:33, Malcolm wrote:
> I have a PVR-250 right now and the audio is connected to the line in on my
> sb-live.

Funny, you connected the line-in of the pvr250 to the line-in of your
sound card? To what avail?

The PVR250 doesn't have a line-out IIRC, the audio connector is the
line-in for the composite video-in. The sound from the pvr250 goes
directly into the mpeg file via the msp3400 chip on that card.

> When I get my PVR-350 in the near future how am I going to hook up
> its sound?  My sb-live only has one Line In and my 250 doesn't have any
> sound ins that I can tell for daisy chaining.

The audio/video chain will look like:

Cable TV -> PVR250 -> MPEG2 -> PVR350 -> Line IN -> Line OUT -> TV
        '-> PVR350 -> MPEG2 --'      '-(Video Out)------------> TV

HTH,

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough