[mythtv-users] Recommended Hardware for MythTV

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 12 21:36:01 EST 2004

Quoting delgado at apollos-dev.com:

> Just to let everyone know...
>
> I have built 2 Myth boxes with the Biostar M7NCG 400 motherboard, Hauppauge
> PVR 250, AMD Athlon XP 2500+, Western Digital 200GB 8MB Buffer Hard drive,
> 512MB PC2700 DDR & Sony DVD +/- RW. This is housed in a Superflower/TTGI
> TT-
> 101 mATX Case. These boxes are AWESOME!! I have successfully PVR'd the
> local cable TV as well as DirecTV. DishNetwork is next. We are using the
> boxes to drive 42" plasma's and large >=20" LCD's. People are amazed at
> what the Myth boxes can do.
>
> Now if only we had a record to DVD from within Myth....

:)

Shouldn't be TOO hard.  If the video is generated by ivtv (i.e. PVR-x50 or other
MPEG encoder) and you set the recording params right, it's relatively simple to
script automatic generation of a DVD.  Just a matter of someone hooking it in to
ivtv.  (I should look at the documentation on ivtv's transcoding support, I've
been too busy trying and failing at cutting out commercials.  The best I can do
is generate a chapterlist so I can skip commercials, but the MPEG still has to
be on the DVD.)