[mythtv-users] DVB module.conf

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Sun Jan 11 06:12:40 EST 2004

Another goodie..

My box recently started to lockup, (completely cold start required), no
logs etc. I've not the first idea how to start debuging the kernel etc.

Now I noticed this only occurs if I use the linux dvb drivers (I'm using
two nova-t budget (tt4001a) and a single pvr-250 on my box.

Now my playing isn't at an end but the problem appears to be either the
way I'm loading the dvb drivers (I've not had it crash when doing the
make insmod from the linuxdvb distribution) or the way mythbackend is
handling the drivers.

Anyone any ideas? also could anyone confirm a working modules.conf file
(I use Fedora) and confirm it doesn't lock there machine up?

My current (hanging) modules.conf reads

alias char-major-250 dvb-core
options dvb-core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
add above dvb-core dvb-ttpci