[mythtv-users] Strange video playback problems

xijix at nonexist.net xijix at nonexist.net
Sat Jan 10 07:24:42 EST 2004

I'm getting a strange video problem on my MythTv box.  Basically any video
playback is just strange.  The left half of the picture is correct, but the
farther to the right the more the image looks interlaced.  I'm getting the same
thing with mplayer (from /dev/video0, mpg's, wma's, etc), ogle, and a few other
apps.  I am at a complete loss on what could be causing the problem.

I was going to post a link to a screenshot, but I can't get anything to capture
the actual image.  All the screenshot utils I have tried show that part of the
screen as transparent.

- Adrian