[mythtv-users] Occasional vertical pars appearing in picture

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Fri Jan 9 10:51:52 EST 2004

From: "Mike Gray"
> Every so often, maybe weekly, the picture in recorded shows or when
> watching live TV will have a series of vertical bars in the
background.
> They're like a light reddish or maybe a pink hue.  If I reboot, the
> problem seems to go away.  But, the bars are definitely recorded into
> shows.  The picture is watchable, but very annoying.
>
> I'm using MythTv 0.12.  Also, my capture card is a Hauppauge PVR-250.
> I'm using an IvyTV driver from maybe 2 or 3 months ago.

I had symptoms like this that would get progressively worse as I
restarted the backend (did allot of this during my "learning period").
The picture would also gain a purplish cast to it.  After restarting the
machine all would look good.  It's the ivtv drivers, update them AND
your firmware files.

michael brown