[mythtv-users] Xbox vs PVR350

Tom Bojsen tbo at tombo.dk
Wed Jan 7 18:19:54 EST 2004

Hi All,

I wonder if anybody could comment on the quality of TV out on the Xbox compared to PVR350 ?
It seems that the price of a new pvr350 is the same as the same as a new Xbox, so I'm in doubt af what to buy.

I'm already running the back and frontend on a small quite pc under the tv, but plan to put the PVR in my server which is anyway always running..

I have previously tried to run with a bt848 and tvout on the nvidia440mx but the quallity was lousy even though its a 1.8Mhz PC, so I really is considering to buy the PVR just for the TV out.

Comment on the noise level from the xbox is also appriciated.

Anyway, Mythtv is a fantastic peace of software

/Tom

.