[mythtv-users] Myth only recording one show

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Mon Jan 5 18:56:47 EST 2004

Sabin Dang wrote:

> Hello all, I've got a strange problem that I've been wrestling with
> for some time. I'm hoping that someone out there has had a similar
> problem and has found a solution.
> My myth setup will record one show, and after that I am unable to
> record anymore shows or watch tv (I get the "All available inputs are
> being used message").  I've checked the myth status page and it
> reports that it is not recording.  Also at this stage if I go into
> watch recordings and attempt to delete a recording, mythfrontend will
> pause for a length of time and then report that it cannot connect with
> the backend.
> I've verified that the backend is still running, and all other
> components of myth work fine (video, watching recordings, etc).
> Doing an lsmod I notice that ivtv is reported as being used by a
> process (keventd), attempting to do an rmmod ivtv results in "ivtv:
> Device or resource busy." Killing mythbackend and restarting it solves
> all my problems.
> At this point I've got a cron job restarting mythbackend every night
> at midnight, but this still leaves me with only being able to record 1
> show a day.
> Any help or suggestions for things to try would greatly be appreciated!
> My system info:
> AMD 2600+
> MSI KTV4 mobo
> PVR-250
> Redhat 9.0
> MythTV from latest CVS (i've gone through several versions all with
> the same problem)
> ivtv from latest CVS (problem also present through several versions)
> running at RPMs kernel 2.4.20-20_29
> Using ALSA sound drivers
> -- Sabin
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
I used to get that problem, I forget how exactly I fixed it, but you may
want to try using the 0.1.6 ivtv drivers available on the sourceforge
project page.

Since I've started using them all my ivtv problems have gone away.  Just
checking that right now I noticed 0.1.7 is out now too, everything is
working perfect with 0.1.6 for me so I don't think I'm going to risk

Hope that helps a little.