[mythtv-users] Myth only recording one show

Sabin Dang lists at sabindang.com
Mon Jan 5 14:18:43 EST 2004

Hello all, I've got a strange problem that I've been wrestling with for
some time. I'm hoping that someone out there has had a similar problem
and has found a solution.

My myth setup will record one show, and after that I am unable to
record anymore shows or watch tv (I get the "All available inputs are
being used message").  I've checked the myth status page and it reports
that it is not recording.  Also at this stage if I go into watch
recordings and attempt to delete a recording, mythfrontend will pause
for a length of time and then report that it cannot connect with the
backend.

I've verified that the backend is still running, and all other
components of myth work fine (video, watching recordings, etc).

Doing an lsmod I notice that ivtv is reported as being used by a
process (keventd), attempting to do an rmmod ivtv results in "ivtv:
Device or resource busy." Killing mythbackend and restarting it solves
all my problems.

At this point I've got a cron job restarting mythbackend every night at
midnight, but this still leaves me with only being able to record 1
show a day.

Any help or suggestions for things to try would greatly be appreciated!

My system info:
AMD 2600+
MSI KTV4 mobo
PVR-250
Redhat 9.0
MythTV from latest CVS (i've gone through several versions all with the
same problem)
ivtv from latest CVS (problem also present through several versions)
running at RPMs kernel 2.4.20-20_29
Using ALSA sound drivers

-- Sabin