[mythtv-users] Database does not update when using --manual flag

tlpintpe at nofeartaipei.com tlpintpe at nofeartaipei.com
Sat Jan 3 20:22:31 EST 2004

I have Myth0.13 on a Mandrake 9.2 box.  I do NOT live in North America (or
Europe--boy would many of my headaches go away if I did).

I have an assortment of issues to deal with.

1.  I cannot manually upate my database.  I am using .xawtv file to fill
mythfilldatabase because I am in Taiwan.  But when I want to use the
--manual flag to change channel information manually the following error
results:
      UPDATE channel SET chanid = 1, name = "Local Chinese 1", callsign =
"1",
channum ="1", finetune = 0, icon = "", freqid = "1", tvformat = "NTSC",
WHERE xmltvid = "unknown (1)" AND sourceid = 0;

2.  I cannot change channels with LiveTV--which I believe to be a problem
caused by the database issue.

3.  I cannot record--again, I believe, because there is a database problem.

4.  Mythbrowswer just won't browse==anything--blank screen.

I am a Linux newbie---and I have enjoyed this challenge--but I am about at
the end of my own time frame expectations in getting this to work.  All
help much appreciated.