[mythtv-users] Getting XVMC working and knowing it?

Dwaine Garden DwaineGarden at rogers.com
Sat Jan 3 18:17:09 EST 2004

I have mythtv cvs installed with mplayer from atrpms.  I'm trying to
figure out if xvmc is actually working.   How does one figure out if
it's working correctly.   Does the mplayer from atrpms have XVMC
built-in.   Do I have to download the source and rebuild it.

These are some of the questions which it seems are not answered anywhere
on the net.
I have another question about mpeg.   How do i setup the recording of
video to mpeg?   Does XVMC depend of the video source being recorded in
mpeg instead of the RTjpeg codec for the viewing of videos with XVMC?

I'm trying to get XVMC working with Live TV and the Playback of video.
Here is my setup

NVIDIA GX4 440 TV OUT
mythtv cvs jan 2, 2004
mplayer from atrpms.