[mythtv-users] Waited 2 seconds... Still... Any more ideas?

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Fri Jan 2 11:30:03 EST 2004

One more thing I learned...

I set up another mythfrontend last night.

Machine A) Combo Front/Backend has freeze problem when watching LiveTV.

Machine B) Just a frontend that accesses Machine A for the backend.

Machine B watched LiveTV being streamed from Machine A for about 8 hours
overnight without a freeze.  During about 4 hours of this Machine A was
also playing back recordings on it's own frontend.

So, from this I can assume one of two things:
1) The problem is only when Frontend and Backend are on the same machine
or
2) The problem is only with the frontend on the hardware on that one
machine
(or both, of course)

Mark Frey and I have been working together to try and fix this, but so
far his patches haven't changed anything on the first attempt.  I
thought I'd pass this little bit of info over to the list though in case
it triggers an "Aha!" from anyone.

Hope this helps.

-Tony