[mythtv-users] OT (a little) expierience with IR extenders & MythTV

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Thu Feb 26 09:55:17 EST 2004

Is anyone out there using IR extenders with LIRC?  I bought a set similar
to these:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005T3XR/qid%3D1077804041/sr%3D11-1/ref
%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-9258049-7290416

My remote and lirc work great when I'm not going through the extender.
When I'm going through the extenders, the remote works... most of the
time.  Occasionally, response is sluggish.. sometimes I have to hit a key
several times before it's recognized.  Using mode2, I see that there seems
to be a ton of noise spewing out of the extender... so I'm assuming this
is probably what's causing my problems?  If so, is anyone out there using
the One For All URC-9910 (comes with its own rf extender) with better
results?

Thanks

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>