[mythtv-users] Hardware recommendations/Questions

Vincent K. Britton Vincent.Britton at wiznet.com
Tue Feb 24 19:12:40 EST 2004

Hi all.

I am getting ready to put together a MythTV box. I have come from my attic with 2 parts that I intend to use. One is a 1.2 Ghz AMD Athlon Processor and the other is a WinTV Theater Model 495.

My first question is, what is this card and will it work with MythTV? It has a Bt878KHF chip on it.

If it will work does it have MPEG Encoding onboard? Website is less then informative when it comes to this card http://www.hauppauge.com/html/wintv_pci_datasheet.htm.

Second question is that since I destroyed my AMD mother board in a freak accident with a pair of needle nose pliers [me blushing] can anyone recommend a inexpensive MB for this processor for use with MythTV. Looking for something that will be easy to install. Alternately if there is a board with onboard audio (fiber or coax AC3) for more money I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks,

Vince