[mythtv-users] Choppy video at LOW bitrates

nowhere at cox.net nowhere at cox.net
Tue Feb 24 18:54:36 EST 2004

I saw that post about the choppy video with all black screens too and was able to find that old thread by searching on extra audio buffering (never would have thought of that :)

It seems that this plus the jitter reduction flags help the problem with the all one color frames being choppy. I have also noticed this problem and it was number two on my list.

I will try the two flags mentioned tonite and see if it clears it up both issues.

As for the second issue you mentioned, I may have the same problem with "horizontal blips" also. For me it appears that for one frame or so, the horizontal sync is lost.  I haven't seen any threads discussing horizontal sync. We'll see if the two flags help this too.

Thanks for the info.
Eric