[mythtv-users] Problems that I just can't figure out...

Shay - MythTV mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Tue Feb 24 10:07:43 EST 2004

I recently upgraded to Fedora 1, from RedHat 9, and to the latest version
of MythTV.  Everything went pretty well except for a couple problems.

The first is that I have a black border around everything.  I've tried at
least a 100 different resolutions in my XF86Config and none of them seem to
change the actual picture size.  The gui gets bigger or smaller.  It also
gets bigger than whats being shown on the screen in some cases, but never
in any case does the actual display size change.  I always have a black
border all around the picture thats about 2 inches in size.  I have a
GeForce 4 MX440 outputing via SVideo to a HDTV widescreen tv.  Its not the
end of the world, but it is annoying.  I didn't have this before with
RedHat and v13 of MythTV.

The second problem is that when I reboot and mythbackend starts up
automatically as a service, I can't change channels.  I go to Live TV and
its stuck on the same channel no matter what I do.  It also doesn't give me
any channel information.  If I exit and shutdown the service, then restart
it via command line, mythbackend &, everything works great.  Again, its not
the end of the world, but it is annoying.  I'd like to not have to worry
that if power goes out and the machine reboots, recording might not work.

I've done searching on both of these issues and nothing seems to match the
problems that I am seeing.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it.

-Shay