[mythtv-users] 350 for video playback

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Feb 22 15:40:22 EST 2004

Am So, den 22.02.2004 schrieb Dan Boger um 16:37:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 09:53:03AM -0500, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> > Bottom line: your 2 likeliest options are (1) wait for the ivtv driver
> > to support raw YUV video, or (2) use a different video-out card
>
> That's what I was afraid of.  Is there a format I can transcode my video
> files to make them playable currently?  Some sort of mpeg?

Head up, friend. Point 1 is not too far away, take a look at the
ivtv-dev list. Chris just posted a patch for mplayer that uses the
features in his version of post-0.1.9. Not ready for production, I
suppose, but it's a big leap towards general usability. Give it a week
or two.

Up to then, do as I do: Transcode divx to mpeg 2 and be happy.

(mencoder -of mpeg, and I forgot the option to do letterboxing, since
the decoder expects 4:3 format)

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough