[mythtv-users] HowTo: 2 PVR cards?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 08:59:21 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 06:04, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> I have read various HowTo's about installing the capture card in the
> system and in MythTV. But this is always only documented for 1 PVR card
> or 1 PVR card and 1 other card.
>
> Can someone please point me on how to do it with 2 PVR cards (1x 250, 1x
> 350)?

It's pretty easy actually you just turn the machine off, plug in the new
card, turn the machine on. run myth's setup and tell it you have two
cards (of course, you have to set up both cards too)

> Some specific questions come to mind:
>
> How do I know which card is which device?
Why would you want to know?  one will be attached to /dev/video0 and the
other to /dev/video1 which one depends on where they are plugged in.
Myth won't care though so why would you?

> What about modules.conf?

I don't really mess around much with this file I just modprobe the
modules in the order I want... but if you want you can just add one to
the minor of the second card...that should do the trick...  although
initially I would modprobe ivtv by hand to see how it goes...  When you
load the module you will see all the info about minors for each card.

> What about lirc?
what about lirc?  I don't use it but why would it care how many cards
you have?

> I will setup my system shortly and I like to know what to do before.
> Maybe, it's just so easy and self-explaining that nobody mentions it. In
> that case: That's OK. But I guess, it's not that obvious.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Thomas
>

> ----
Good luck!