[mythtv-users] Re: Pro's and Con's of pvr 350s

Simon Wilkinson simon at sxw.org.uk
Tue Feb 17 10:16:58 EST 2004

 > - I read somewhere that with the EPIA M motherboards the digital audio
 >    uses the coax socket also used by the TV-out?

It does - the coax socket is multi-purpose with its function being set
by a jumper on the motherboard. You should note that the motherboard
also has an S-Video output which you can use for TV-out, independently
of the setting of this jumper.

I've got an EPIA-M playing back MPEG from DVB-T, using this onboard
S-Video output. The picture quality isn't exceptional - the image on my
old Nokia Mediamaster STB from the same signal is significantly sharper.
If getting the best possible picture quality is a consideration, you
might want to consider the PVR-350 anyway.

Cheers,

Simon.