[mythtv-users] Silencing PC Was: HTPC Case

Tim Child tim.child at digitalvision.com
Mon Feb 16 12:12:30 EST 2004

Hi,

I have just joined mythtv-users and am beginning to build my first HTPC
but I though I would I have been into Silencing PCs succesfully in the
past and thought I would share what I have found

I a really good source of information, help and reviews is:

http://www.silentpcreview.com/

And if you at all have a passing interest I would recommend it.

In the past I have had a lot of luck using Seagate Barracuda drives
suspended by elastic, under-volted Panaflows fans on Thermaltake
heatsinks for the CPU colling and FSP Sparkle Powersupplies with 120mm
undervolted Fans.  Even in a standard normal case I have found this to
be very quiet with enough power to handle several drives and 3Ghz
Processors.

With smaller cases on HTPC I would still try and fit the largest fan
possible in the space and run a quiet fan like a Panaflow.

Thanks,

Tim.