[mythtv-users] Qucik Slave Backend Tuner Card Setup Question

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Feb 15 20:31:06 EST 2004

On Feb 15, 2004, at 16:48, Aleaxander wrote:

> Just reinstalled MythTV on what I plan to make a Slave
> Backend/Frontend with a pvr-250 tuner card in it.  The Master
> Backend/Frontend has a pvr-250 in it as well and is working fine.
> This may be a dumb question, but where do I define the pvr-250 card in
> the the Slave Backend as the second card to record with?  I've looked
> through the docs and done several searches, but I can't find clear
> information this and I don't see it as an option in mythtvsetup
> anywhere.

Start out by defining the first card on the master. Define the address
for the master for DBHostName in /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt on the
slave. Now run mythtvsetup on the slave and define your card. The card
in the master won't show up, but you are in fact defining the card in
the slave as the second card in your system as a whole.

Oh, and do NOT choose to clear all cards from the database on the slave
machine, because while you can't see or define the cards on the master
with mythtvsetup on a slave, you can remove them from the database
(been there, done that by mistake).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...