[mythtv-users] Qucik Slave Backend Tuner Card Setup Question

Aleaxander alex at carbonated.com
Sun Feb 15 21:07:41 EST 2004

Jarod C. Wilson wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2004, at 16:48, Aleaxander wrote:
>
>> Just reinstalled MythTV on what I plan to make a Slave
>> Backend/Frontend with a pvr-250 tuner card in it.  The Master
>> Backend/Frontend has a pvr-250 in it as well and is working fine.
>> This may be a dumb question, but where do I define the pvr-250 card in
>> the the Slave Backend as the second card to record with?  I've looked
>> through the docs and done several searches, but I can't find clear
>> information this and I don't see it as an option in mythtvsetup anywhere.
>

> Start out by defining the first card on the master. Define the address
> for the master for DBHostName in /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt on the
> slave. Now run mythtvsetup on the slave and define your card. The card
> in the master won't show up, but you are in fact defining the card in
> the slave as the second card in your system as a whole.
>
> Oh, and do NOT choose to clear all cards from the database on the slave
> machine, because while you can't see or define the cards on the master
> with mythtvsetup on a slave, you can remove them from the database (been
> there, done that by mistake).

Thanks!  That is what I've done, but the docs for MythTV say to skip
configuring Video Sources:

However, a post to the list from jcaputo1_at_comcast.net says the opposite:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=77039;search_string=capture%20card%20slave;guest=2339436&t=search_engine#77039

Should I configure Video Sources on the Slave Backend or will this mess
up the Master Backend?

Thanks,

-Alex