[mythtv-users] Nothing showing in the Watch Recorded Programs list

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 11:38:16 EST 2004

jose rubio wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 16:41, Paul Pettit wrote:

>> > Have you looked at the backend / frontend output from a terminal window?
>>
>>ok, with -v all on front and backend, when i go into 'watch recordings'
>>i get the following:
>>

> [snip]
>
> To re-cap for those reading the thread for the first time:
>
> We have recorded programs, they are in the DB, they are in the
> harddrive, we can see them with mythweb
>
> _____BUT_____
>
> When we try to watch recordings from the frontend, the list of
> recordings is empty.  No errors from either front or backends!!!
>
> [end recap]
>
> Paul, it looks like we are the only two people out there with this
> problem.  Let's see if we can narrow things down a bit...
>
> I'm running Debian Unstable, did not use the .debs (I will soon if I
> can't get this to work.)  When I did use the .debs everything worked
> great.  I thought I'd learn something if I did everything from scratch.
>
> The problem does not seem to be in the permissions.  If I run
> back/frontends as root and change mysql.txt to run as root, I still get
> the same problem.
>
> As I mentioned, I am pretty sure that if I apt-get mythtv everything
> will work HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure we've stumbled upon a bug that needs
> to be squashed!!!
>
> Now, before I get flamed.  I am pretty sure that it is a setup problem
> that we have BUT the fact that I get no errors or warnings is, IMveryHO,
> a bug.
>
> Any ideas anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

I had a similar symptom a while back, which ended up being caused by "corrupt"
records in the oldrecorded table. Look for rows in this table with excessive
NULL columns, and clear them out.

Worked for me.

Regards,
Steve
Steve Davies                   steve at one47.co.uk

PGP Fingerprints:
DH/DSS : 5D85 8164 91D7 E9CC 4F80  842B AB86 93D9 8938 7612
RSA    :      4E2E E60F 3D76 9E7E  70F9 901B 70FA 56C8
RSA4096: 02BE 5C0E EFA2 E1E4 EA89  C9CC 1E4F F654 3BC7 B65E