[mythtv-users] Re:Multiple Backends -- I need ideas folks

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Feb 13 19:14:43 EST 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Dan Fleming wrote:
>
>> Maybe someone can answer this question for me...
>>
>> If I'm watching live TV and I press 'R' to to record, will the
>> tuner/myth-backend I was currently watching TV with be used for the
>> recording?
>>

> What ever tuner you are using will be the one used for the recording.

Actually, it depends =). If you are watching TV on tuner 2
and tuner 1 is available, the recording will start on 1 while
you continue watching the same progarm on 2. You can then
continue channel surfing. If you are watching live on the
next card for recording and press "R", you will see a flicker
a second or two later as it switches from watching live to
watching pre-recorded. You won't be able to change channels
and if you hit ESC you will see the exit menu just as you
would expect when exiting a recording.

--  bjm