[mythtv-users] Forum...

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Feb 13 15:48:52 EST 2004

Might I give my opinion on this, and split this offtopic discussion from
the 'mailinglist split' thread? What if all (or most) people who already
set up a forum, and there are quite a few, come together (well virtually
off coarse)? So they can discuss what kind of forum layout to use for a new
'united' forum.

Then maybe even merge some topics and posts from forums that already exist
into the new forum (starting with an empty forum is tricky). Also don't
forget to put up a notice which says that probably no devs will read this
forum, that the mailinglists are more appropriate for contacting them.
Moderators are also needed, probably the current invidual forum admins can
take care of this initialy.

Focus on getting an environment where people can discuss hardware and how
to get MythTV up and running. Point 'special cases' (they probably
encountered bugs) to the mailinglist.

Now standardise on a way to link to the forum, and lobby a bit so people
will put this link on their sites. Google will do the rest.

Thank you for you attention.

	Henk Poley <><