[mythtv-users] One for All remote control for the XBOX

Spencer Jason E CONT DLVA SpencerJE at NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Thu Feb 12 16:54:37 EST 2004

> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone used an aftermarket remote to add extra
> > functions to the xbox control of myth?

 I use an after market remote with the xbox dongle, but I have
no extra functionality, just the normal xbox remote keys.  But
I don't have to have the xbox remote on the table anymore :)

> > What I would like is to be able to add some of the keyboard
> >functions mapped to a remote control key that the xbox remote
> >doesnt currently offer. Is his possible?

  I'm not sure, might be able to add more options to the usb-xboxir module.

> > I was looking at the one for all 8910 remote. It seems like
> > this is a capable learning remote.

  I use the 8810w so that should work, program it as a RCA DVD player (0522
i think)

> I'm assuming that the xbox Myth frontends use lirc like any
> other Myth frontend,in which case it would be a simple matter of tweaking
the
> frontend config to understand a new remote.

  Don't think the xbox uses lirc (directly), it uses the usb-xboxir kernel
module.  If you
  look at the source it maps the xbox keys to certain keyboard keys.  I'm
not
  sure if you can just add keys to the file.  I'm assuming the xbox dongle
only
  understands certain ir codes.