[mythtv-users] Spilt Myth mailing list?

Jason S jms_temp at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 22:14:18 EST 2004

Given the amount of traffic on the topic it's pretty
obvious people feel strongly on both sides.
(Personally I like both approaches, I'll stick to the
list but might check the forums periodically.)

Isaac: Why don't you just put a link in the docs or
links section to one of the Myth forums? That makes
the forum folks happy, and they'll stop harassing the
list so much. The most popular one:
http://mythtv.no-ip.com/bbs/

If you feel like it, you can even say "not supported
by the cool people" next to the link. :-) Seriously,
putting a link is trivial and gives the forum-frenzy
folks (technically inclinded or newbie, you/we
shouldn't care) somewhere they can go and puts an end
to this silly thread...

- Jason

PS: Or, another approach is we can refuse to recognize
the existence of forums and keep answering dumb
questions (or ignoring the posters and watching them
leave or flame the list) and re-having this
conversation every few months...