[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv Help Please

GML Myth gklopez at metacrawler.com
Tue Feb 10 13:46:31 EST 2004

For starters, I am more of a MythTV Luser, not user.  I can't code, I
am new to Linux, and especially new to configuring HW settings to get
that "optimal" sound and video output.  In fact, you tell me the
command I need to enter to get my settings and I will give you all
the info I have.  I think it is lspci something or other.
   What does the A/V look like when you play the non-DVD, copied mpg
file on your PC?  What does it look like when you watch the recorded
show on your Mythbox? If they both look good, then the problem may be
with your burner/DVD player, not the settings of your Mythbox.  Blank
DVD's are expensive, so I made sure my captures played correctly both
on my PC and Myth before burning anything.
   I am reading this at work.  When I get home tonight, I will have
better details for you.

Cheers,
George

Hi Fellow MythTV User

I read your post on the MythTV users forum and I have a question for
you. I also am doing exactly what you are doing. But I'm having a
small problem and I'm just trying to figure out if anyone is
experiencing the same thing. I copy the file from Myth over to my
Windows XP PC and rename the file to .mpg. When I burn the DVD it
looks great but every 5 seconds the video goes into slow-motion for a
second. The audio is perfect...I tried all different capture rates to
know avail.  Could you please please email me your capture settings
as well as the software that used, as well as any special options you
had to check in the software. This is driving me nuts. Here is some
of the configurations that I used.

PVR-250

NTSC

Video
352x480
MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Stream Type: MPEG-2 PS
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
Bitrate 2500/2500

Audio
Codec: MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Sample Rate: 48000 HZ
Type: Layer II
Bitrate 224
Volume: 90%

I’ve also tried changing the video to:
720x480
Bitrate 3500/5000

the software I’m using to burn. I’ve tried:
NeroVision
Ulead DVD Workshop
Ulead DVD Moviefactory 3

Thanks everyone