[mythtv-users] Re: ivtv not loading after upgrade to 0.14

Peter Lee petel at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 10 13:48:32 EST 2004

Hi, Axel.

I am pretty mystified by all of this.  I definitely did not use --nodeps.  I
simply did the apt-get update and then installed the new mythtv-suite and
the new ivtv modules.  I have no idea how the versions got out of whack like
that.  Something seems wrong here, though in a strange way it is reassuring
to hear that someone else has encountered the same problem.

Anyway it seems clear what I need to do to get things running again.  I'll
be back home tomorrow and so I'll try to work on it then.

One question for you: Is there anything diagnostic I could/should do before
updating the kernel and other packages?  I mean, is there anything I can do
that might help expose what I did wrong before (or, possibly expose a real
bug)?

Finally, let me also add my BIG thanks to you, Jarod, Isaac and the
developers, and a whole bunch of other people on this list.  MythTV is
really quite amazing.  While I do have some niggling issues, they are
nothing compared to my complaints about my TiVo, and the pace of the
development is amazing.  I'm also having tons of fun tinkering with this
stuff...

Peter