[mythtv-users] Bug??? TV Output is shrunk! (Version 0.14)

Gopal Santhanam gopal at nerur.com
Mon Feb 9 12:47:11 EST 2004

Hi,

I recently upgraded form version 0.11 to 0.14, using the binaries from
atrpms.

Everything went smoothly except for one problem.  My Live TV and recorded
TV playback is shrunk compared to the entire viewing area.  My myth box is
hooked up to a Sony TV using an nVidia MX400 with TV-out.  However, the
Myth user interface (menus, EPG, etc.) is able to achieve full coverage of
the screen on my TV!

I know this isn't a video capture problem since I can run a second
mythfrontend on my desktop PC and see the entire TV-out on my monitor.
Also my old recordings from 0.11 are shrunk on my TV but not on my PC
monitor.

Version 0.11 did not have this problem so I suspect this is a software
issue (perhaps tied to my hardware in some way?).

I even blew away my old MySQL database and started from scratch and I
still see the same problem.

Increasing the video capture size doesn't help either.  I ordinarily run
MPEG-4 @ 480x480.  Neither does increasing the playback overscan setting.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Gopal