[mythtv-users] converting nuv files to vob?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sat Feb 7 19:09:06 EST 2004

Quoting GML Myth <gklopez at metacrawler.com>:

> Does this mean that if I network my myth box and
> set up a share w/my Win XP PC (which has a DVD
> Burner) all I have to do is rename the xxx.nuv
> file to xxx.mpg and then burn the program onto a
> DVD?  It would certainly make my life much easier
> not having to move the DVD burner (or having to
> buy another one).
Symlinking it on the myth box and sharing it might be a better idea.  Renaming
the .nuv will foul up MythTV.

Or you can do the remultiplexing and authoring on the myth box (with the scripts
that have been posted) and share the authored DVD files.

You might have problems directly authoring the MPEGs with Windows tools for the
same reason dvdauthor won't work with the files directly without remultiplexing.