[mythtv-users] Deleting commercials and transcoding

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Fri Feb 6 11:41:15 EST 2004

Thanks for the info.  I guess Mythtv's commercial cutting is not quite ready
for us mpeg2 guys.  I'll see if I can get a windows box in the mean time see
what I can figure out.  Maybe through a samba share just access the files
cut the commercials and save them right back mpeg2 --> mpeg2.  I've seen
some utils that will do a 2 gig movie file in about a minute.  I think
that's because it doesn't re-transcode the file, it just modifies it (delete
the commercial sections) or however that works.  I'm no transcoding expert.

Thanks again.
Malcolm