[mythtv-users] Deleting commercials and transcoding

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 6 11:08:35 EST 2004

On Friday 06 February 2004 09:48, Nick Kaijaks wrote:
> > Marking commercials and marking cutpoints are two different
> > things.  You turn on commcercial flagging in the setup
> > section of the frontend.
> >
> > The "m" key lets you mark cut points (sections to be skipped
> > over during playback / transcode). You can load your
> > automagicly marked commercials as cutpoints, tweak them and
> > what not.  Pressing the space bar while in this edit mode
> > allows you to mark a point as a cut point. You block out
> > sections by creating high/low water marks of "Delete after
> > this frame" / "delete before this frame" cutpoints.
>
> Hi,
>
> This looks really cool, but I've only just tried it out last night.
> Is it just my setup, or are there some weird UI things?
>
> When I set or delete cutpoints, it doesn't always mark them correctly
> in the coloured timeline at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes I
> have to hit escape and then E again to go back in before I see the
> cuts correctly.
>
> Also, it doesn't automatically remove the translucent overlay after
> choosing an option from the cutpoint menu. I have to hit escape to go
> back to playback.

Funny you should mention this; I was just about to say the same thing
today.  I'm looking at the code right now to see if a patch is
required.  I've been seeing this behavior for months, though I could
swear it was supposed to have been fixed at some point.

Incidentally, you don't need to hit Esc to clear to overlay; any of the
arrow keys should clear it (though you're right, it should go away by
itself).

-JAC