[mythtv-users] MythTV performance optimisation - live TV watching?

Kevin Kuphal kevin.kuphal at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 5 16:10:42 EST 2004

I'd disagree.

I have a bt878 card that choked on a 1ghz PIII at the default 480x480 rate
for live TV.  I can do 640x480 MPEG4 at 2200 for recording but I have to
back down to resolutions like 320x240 for LiveTV due to the combination of
encoding/decoding

It would be nice if there was something in mythtvsetup that understood this
and configured appropriate resolutions for default/liveTV/high quality based
on your card instead of setting them all the same which really probably
isn't how they operate.

Kevin