[mythtv-users] Episodes of Regular and HDTV programs in program scheduler

Mike Myers mikesm559 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 12:45:52 EST 2004

Hi.  I am thinking about adding the pcHDTV card to my myth set up, and I was wondering how the scheduling works if I had a regular analog signal and the HDTV signal and the system setup to record a program available on both versions?

For example, if I am recording every CSI episode, Myth would see the same episode in HDTV available for my OTA CBS affliate on HD, and the same episode on analog on the Cable connected PVR-250.  Would the scheduler decide that the HD version was more desirable to record, and then record only the HD version, or would it schedule both versions to record at the same time?  What if there was a conflict with another program like "The Apprentice" on at the same time?  Would it pick the HD version of one and record the other in analog?

Also, does the commercial skip and editting work on the HD recording too, or just the analog versions?

My apologies if this topic has already been covered elsewhere...

Thanks,
Mike