[mythtv-users] Episodes of Regular and HDTV programs in program scheduler

Brandon Beattie bbeattie-maillist at linkexplorer.com
Fri Feb 6 16:34:30 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 09:45:52AM -0800, Mike Myers wrote:
> Hi.  I am thinking about adding the pcHDTV card to my myth set up, and I was wondering how the scheduling works if I had a regular analog signal and the HDTV signal and the system setup to record a program available on both versions?

Right now you can use the ntsc channel listing and match those channels
to the hdtv channels with a little tweaking of the frequencies.

> For example, if I am recording every CSI episode, Myth would see the same episode in HDTV available for my OTA CBS affliate on HD, and the same episode on analog on the Cable connected PVR-250.  Would the scheduler decide that the HD version was more desirable to record, and then record only the HD version, or would it schedule both versions to record at the same time?  What if there was a conflict with another program like "The Apprentice" on at the same time?  Would it pick the HD version of one and record the other in analog?

Right now myth doesn't know the difference between HDTV and any other
format.  If it knows a card gets a channel it picks one to record, I
don't know of any preference.

> Also, does the commercial skip and editting work on the HD recording too, or just the analog versions?

Not fully.  There are still issues with handling all possible
mpeg2-ts/ps streams and some channels will not transcode (I have 2/11
that don't transcode well/at all).

--Brandon