[mythtv-users] X-less backend?

Sabin Dang lists at sabindang.com
Thu Feb 5 02:49:01 EST 2004

> I'd be interested in doing this also.
>

>> I'm setting up a brand new system using separate backend and frontend
>> machines. The backend will never run any X apps at all. Is it possible
>> to setup the backend without X? It seems that all is necessary is to
>> create some sort of SQL import file and whack it into MySQL.
>>
>> Any ideas on what exactly is required?
>>
>> Thanks...

In setting up a backend the only time I needed X was to configure my
capture devices and such. So if you wanted to setup a backend w/o
having X you can probably get away with just fowarding X to a different
computer (such as your frontend computer) to setup mythbackend.  After
you get the backend setup you should never have to bother with X or X
forwarding again.

-- Sabin