[mythtv-users] "Menu" with the pvr-350

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Feb 4 15:36:09 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Jason Donahue wrote:

> The tv feed freezes, and will not come back without a reboot. This IS a
> big deal since the gf is so used to DTV's guide to browse what's on.
> Anyone know why this is happening, or how to fix it?

I'm not sure what's happening (not a PVR350 user so I can't comment on
that).  However, I can suggest a work around - use MythWeb to bind a
_jumpkey_ to the TV guide.  When accessing the TV guide through the
jumpkey instead of by pressing M then it will turn off the video stream
while you're in the guide (personally I think that's a undesirable feature
for most people but it could help you :)

Note though that you probably don't want to bind M as a jumpkey since
jumpkeys work everywhere in Myth (you don't want it to jump to the guide
when you press M while typing something in :).  But you can remove the
binding for the M key to make sure you don't accidentally press it instead
of your new binding.

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/