[mythtv-users] DVB Channel.conf Import (WAS: BBC THREE/FOUR)
malc at porsche.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 11:37:15 EST 2004
General appeal to better PERL coders than I... Improvements required:
1. The scripts tries to find a match between the channel name in
channels.conf and the channels table. If it can't it asks for search
terms. (e.g. tv_grab_uk_rt grabs BBC 3 but the channels.conf name is
THREE. The question handling is poor ... would be a lot tidier if...
2. The location of channels.conf is hard coded
3. The options for satellite vs terrestrial are not handled on the
4. It has a "simulate" variable this should be driven from the command
5. Satellite handling is basic as yet.
Any input gratefully received.
Kenneth Aafl°y wrote:
>>Here's the PERL that does this.....(I have to credit Daniel
>>with the major chunk of the code)
>>Can anyone turn this into a Qt / C++ thingy?
>I guess, but the script was so nice, and perl is a dependency
>because of xmltv, so with some finetuning and addition of czap,
>I belive this should go into contrib. =)
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-users