[mythtv-users] Choppy video after 0.14 RPM upgrade

Eric Westfall ewestfal at mailcan.com
Wed Feb 4 00:38:48 EST 2004

> PVR-350
> RH 9.0
> Myth 0.14 RPMs
>
> Today I upgraded to 0.14 using Axel's RPMs.  Everything seems to be
> kosher except for the playing of recorded videos and Live TV.  I get the
>   message about the system being too slow and that audio and video may
> be out of sync.  It seems that Myth isn't using the ivtv-fb device
> perhaps?  I checked setup and it is set to use the PVR-350 decoder.  I
> tried doing a modprobe of ivtv and ivtv-fb while doing a tail -f
> /var/log/messages but I see no evidence of anything happening.  The TV
> out is still working but it seems the hardware decoder is not being
> used.  Any help appreciated.

I had almost the same thing but didn't get a message about the system being
too slow.  I ended up removing all of ivtv from my machine and then
reinstalling it (using Axel's RPMS).  I had compiled ivtv from cvs when I
first set up mythtv and had then installed the rpms later.  I think I had
more than one of the ivtv binaries lying around :)  Not sure if your issue
is related or not, it just sounded familiar.

Later,
Eric