[mythtv-users] Playing iTunes files in MythMusic

Potuncle potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com
Tue Feb 3 18:38:11 EST 2004

My primary computer is a Mac running OS X. I love iTunes. Most of my music
collection are AAC files (.m4a) ripped from CD's. I also have quite a few
files I have purchased off of the iTunes Music Store. These files are
protected-AAC files (.m4p). I would love to be able to access and play my
entire music library from MythMusic.

Thanks to DVD John's hack, I now can play both .m4a and .m4p files in
VideoLan Client (VLC). Is there any way for MythMusic to use VLC directly
or indirectly to play .m4a and .m4p files? I know this is a long-shot, but
it would be a great solution to iTunes/MythTV users like myself.

Thanks,

Jason