[mythtv-users] Playing iTunes files in MythMusic

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Tue Feb 3 19:20:51 EST 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 18:38, Potuncle wrote:

> Thanks to DVD John's hack, I now can play both .m4a and .m4p files in
> VideoLan Client (VLC). Is there any way for MythMusic to use VLC
> directly or indirectly to play .m4a and .m4p files? I know this is a
> long-shot, but it would be a great solution to iTunes/MythTV users
> like myself.

	Not yet, but it is being worked on.

	If you feel comfortable with cvs and building stuff from source, you
can check out the mfd module from the cvs tree. This will already allow
you to play all your mythmusic content from within iTunes.

	WARNING: the mfd stuff is experimental code. If you don't know what
you're doing, don't mess with it.

- thor