[mythtv-users] BTTV errors

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Tue Feb 3 14:12:56 EST 2004

I posted this a while ago and didn't get many reples, so I'll try again
and see if anyone has any ideas. :)

I'm running Linux 2.4.24 with the ck1 patch (preempt / lowlatency) and
BTTV 0.9.12.  I keep getting errors like:

Feb  3 12:00:04 myth kernel: bttv0: SCERR @ 0d8a7014,bits: HSYNC OFLOW
SCERR*
Feb  3 14:40:04 myth kernel: bttv0: SCERR @ 0d8a7014,bits: HSYNC OFLOW
SCERR*

And the hue of the video gets shifted a bit so everything looks a little
too green.  This only ever happens right when Myth starts recording (never
part way through a show), and the next time Myth changes channel it seems
to correct itself, and it doesn't always happen.  Other than the colours
being wrong, the video is absolutely fine.

I originally associated the problem with LIRC turning off all the
interrupts while sending the IR signals to my decoder (so causing the bttv
driver to lose interrupts), but I recently hacked my lirc driver so it
nolonger disables interrupts and this problem is still happening.

Has anyone got any ideas what it might be?  Is there actually a BTTV
mailing list anywhere (I've not been able to find one so far)?

The same errors appeared with the 0.8 driver that's in the vanilla 2.4.24
kernel, but they were slightly more terminal, with the complete loss of
the TV picture as it defaulted back to the tuner input (I use S-Video).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/