[mythtv-users] Segmentation fault as non-rrot user

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Tue Feb 3 06:02:51 EST 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 09:30, Jelle Kalf wrote:
> Another question though, I don't know if you already know why it's
> happening. But Via hwmpeg2 playback seems to be heavily affected by
> harddrive usage. When I'm unpacking the linux source, I don't want to be
> using playback because it will go stuttering all the way.

I 'think' the the video chipset has memory bandwidth problems with the crappy
via drivers when you're shifting stuff across the bus while it's using it for
mpeg decoding. But I'm not sure of that at the moment.
This is the same thing that causes the OSD stuttering problem basically.

Wonder if it does the same for those people using software decoding on
Nemehias... I'll ask on viaarena.

> Yet, when I'm unpacking the linux source and I'm watching on a remote
> frontend (my epia is the backend) it will playback flawlessly.

This however surprises me.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it/mythtv/survey.pl - Want UK xmltv?