[mythtv-users] Re: DVD ISO Playback

Kevin Denniss kdenniss at civica.co.uk
Fri Dec 31 09:51:08 UTC 2004

> Is anyone using Xine to playback a DVD ISO from hard drive? What
> command are you using? Any special scripts involved?

> -Bryan

Personally I skip all that mounting as a loopback device and linking etc and simply use:

xine dvd://filename.iso/

Therefore in MythVideo you just create a .iso file type entry and set the player to something like:

xine -pq -V Xv -f -r anamorphic -g --no-splash --no-logo dvd://%s/

Which plays very nicely for me. You just have to make sure you create the iso file in the correct format (personally I use DVDShrink on Windows).

Regards

Kevin

This email is confidential and is for the attention of the addressee only and Civica Plc, Civica Holdings Limited, Civica Services Limited and Civica Systems Limited accept no responsibility for information, errors or omissions contained in it.  If you received this email in error, please inform us by reply and delete all copies from your system.  No legally binding commitments are, or will, be created by this email and where it is our intention to create such legally binding commitments, we will do so through hard copy correspondence or documents.  All email received and sent by us may be monitored to protect the business interests of Civica.